This question will show the hiring manager that you are aware that there is a downside to every job and that you are up to the challenge to succeed in the position.
2. What is a typical day or week in the position?
This question shows that you are thinking beyond the Job interview and what the job itself entails. Remember when you enlisted in the Military. You probably were interested in what Boot Camp is all about.
This question shows that you are thinking like a team member, Remember in the military you do what is best for the team not you. And that you desire to more than the bare minimum.
4. How long did the previous person in the position that I am applying for. hold the position? What has turnover in the position generally been like?
If there is a high turnover in the postion that you are applying for or the company has a high turn over in general it is “red flag” that needs to be investigated.
5. What does it take to Succeed here.
Do some research to see what the corporate culture is. It may or may not be the type of place that you want to work at. Unlike the military, in civilian life you have some control over the culture in which you will be employed.
6. How would you describe your management style?
This question will give you some insight into their style by what things they choose to emphasize in response to this question. Remember in the Military when you changed commands, there usually was a change of priority depending on the circumstances. One command might stress physical fitness while another command might stress cleanliness.
7. Are there any reservations you have about my fit for the position that I could try to address?
This is a great way for you and the interviewer to possibly work some of the “kinks” out. There is a possibility that you might not be the right fit.
8. What is your time line for getting back to candidates about the next steps?
This is a great wrap up question, This way you will know what to expect which will decrease some your anxiety. Also, it will show the interviewing manager that you are aware of deadlines.